Vanagon EuroVan
Previous messageNext messagePrevious in topicNext in topicPrevious by same authorNext by same authorPrevious page (June 2009, week 1)Back to main VANAGON pageJoin or leave VANAGON (or change settings)ReplyPost a new messageSearchProportional fontNon-proportional font
Date:         Mon, 1 Jun 2009 19:58:04 -0700
From:         Scott Daniel - Turbovans <scottdaniel@TURBOVANS.COM>
Subject:      Re: Help - clutch-master/slave cylinder? gone in Edmonston New
              Brunswick
Comments: To: Dennis Haynes <d23haynes57@HOTMAIL.COM>

not necessarily. I have seen a few times now .........the 'rock hard stuck at the top clutch pedal syndrome' ........ and it was not a broken throw out arm, or pressure plate or anything to do with the clutch itself.

the arrangement of the clutch master cylinder and push rod there is odd..........and if the hydraulics are not working ...... I can't perfectly explain this .........but I have seen this happen, and just making the clutch hydraulics right fixed it.

the clutch master cylinder is a bit of a bother. the slave is easy. bleeding is easy.

I'd reach up past the clutch pedal .......if possible......it's really hard to access , and see if it feels like the clutch master cylinder push rod didn't fall out of place and jam. Usually you can't 'do much' there until you unbolt the two 13mm hex head bolts holding the clutch master cylinder in place..... once those are undone, you can pull the clutch MC down some and see it a little. The push rod length adjustment there is the single hardest adjustment in the whole van. usually you never need to adjust it......but if the free play at the top of the clutch pedal gets excessive ........ you might need to adjust that push rod length ..and always lube the cheap metal-to-metal pivot point where the push rod clevis pin rides in the clutch pedal. There's no easy way to lube that, and that pivot just wears. Scott www.turbovans.com ----- Original Message ----- From: "Dennis Haynes" <d23haynes57@HOTMAIL.COM> To: <vanagon@GERRY.VANAGON.COM> Sent: Monday, June 01, 2009 3:16 AM Subject: Re: Help - clutch-master/slave cylinder? gone in Edmonston New Brunswick