Vanagon EuroVan
Previous messageNext messagePrevious in topicNext in topicPrevious by same authorNext by same authorPrevious page (June 2009, week 2)Back to main VANAGON pageJoin or leave VANAGON (or change settings)ReplyPost a new messageSearchProportional fontNon-proportional font
Date:         Wed, 10 Jun 2009 19:55:08 -0400
From:         Jonce Fancher <streetbugs@VERIZON.NET>
Subject:      Re: Screw mount snaps?
Comments: To: Rob <becida@COMCAST.NET>

Hi Rob They are called Screw studs. They come in Machine screw, and Wood/Metal Screw as well as tek head. They are in Flat, Phillips (Most common) and Square head drive. Wood/Metal screw size is standard #8 or #10. Lengths of Screw on average is 3/8 and 5/8 inch but in a wide variety of special lengths. They come in Nickel Brass and Stainless or Anodized or zinc Plated. For Indoor use zinc to prevent dissimilar metal corrosion outdoors use SS or Nickel Brass. The best place to get the ones you want would be Automotive Trim shops that do Convertible tops or Marine Boat Upholstery or Canvas /Awning shops. I have all of the mentioned above hardware in all the sizes in all the styles. If you only need a few get them local. 100 Packs let me know. I think if you want a on line look at all the hardware you can go to http://www.vicarinternational.com/fasteners01.html This will just give you a taste of the Basics. Pending the application is Pending the fastener you will need. I have all of them and use all of them all the time. Hope this helps. C-ya Jonce >I've been looking on-line for those snaps with a screw in the middle >like the type that are used to mount the front privacy curtains. I >have not gone to a hardware or fabric store yet. >I want to make a snap-on curtain for just behind the drivers seat for >parking in well lighted rest areas. > >Does anyone know if these have a proper name? > > > >Rob >becida@comcast.net > >'91 VW Jetta & an '84 Westy in western WA