Vanagon EuroVan
Previous messageNext messagePrevious in topicNext in topicPrevious by same authorNext by same authorPrevious page (June 2009, week 2)Back to main VANAGON pageJoin or leave VANAGON (or change settings)ReplyPost a new messageSearchProportional fontNon-proportional font
Date:         Tue, 9 Jun 2009 12:15:33 -0500
From:         Alan Felder <dieseldoofus@GMAIL.COM>
Subject:      82 Diesel oil pressure switch and thermal sensors

Both of these items have been discussed recently on this forum, but not specifically for the diesel engine (CS) and there was no definative outcome if I recall. I have placed an order for these items to fit my 82 Diesel Westy but there is a great deal of confusion about both of these parts and their numbers. I have searched the archives but did not locate a definative answer regarding the diesel versions of these parts. The vendor I discussed these with did a lot of cross-checking with Bosch part numbers, etc. and could not resolve either of these.

Does anyone actually know which spec oil pressure switch is correct for the 82 diesel? ETKA has 028919081D as .25 bar, blue and 021919081B as .15-.45 bar, white. The clearest vendor description is Bus Depot, who's only listing is 028919081D for .15-.45, white. Exactly opposite of the ETKA listing. Seems totally confused on other websites and many don't list the pressure spec only the colors which can be white, grey, blue or brown.

The thermal sensors for the water temperature guage and (I believe) the glow plug temperature sensor are called out as the same part number on ETKA as 049919501, although the electrical connectors for these are different, with the guage connector being a "disk" and the glow plug sensor being a spade lug. Does anyone actually know if these two parts are the same now? The ETKA illustration 136-05 shows these as different connectors (and even different threaded end size!) but its only a drawing.

Thanks in advance for any help with this. I know that lurking out there is someone with these answers.

Alan

-- Not all those who wander are lost