Vanagon EuroVan
Previous messageNext messagePrevious in topicNext in topicPrevious by same authorNext by same authorPrevious page (June 2009, week 3)Back to main VANAGON pageJoin or leave VANAGON (or change settings)ReplyPost a new messageSearchProportional fontNon-proportional font
Date:         Thu, 18 Jun 2009 19:51:56 -0700
From:         Steven P Smith <kewsps@HOTMAIL.COM>
Subject:      Re: Emissions failure Nox (Probably the last update)
Comments: To: covrambles@yahoo.com

David,

I would suggest if you don't know how old the fuel injectors are, that you get a set of rebuilt injectors from one of our online stores and put them in. I ran umpteen cans of FI and Fuel system cleaner through my '84 over the years, and thought they couldn't be cleaner, but a set of remanufactured injectors really improved my performance. Even if it is not the problem, at least you will have new injectors, with new hoses on them, eliminating a potential fuel leak hazard.

Everyone has their preferred fix to sometimes difficult problems, mine is rebuilt Fuel Injectors (assuming they are old or of unknown age.)

If you went to a test only SMOG shop, CA will help to defer the costs of getting the vehicle to SMOG properly. Something like up to $500 in repairs. Their is an 800 number to call to get a list of approved repair shops, probably on the wall or the receipt of the SMOG shop that failed you.

Good luck, Steven

_________________________________________________________________ Insert movie times and more without leaving HotmailŪ. http://windowslive.com/Tutorial/Hotmail/QuickAdd?ocid=TXT_TAGLM_WL_HM_Tutorial_QuickAdd_062009