Vanagon EuroVan
Previous messageNext messagePrevious in topicNext in topicPrevious by same authorNext by same authorPrevious page (June 2009, week 3)Back to main VANAGON pageJoin or leave VANAGON (or change settings)ReplyPost a new messageSearchProportional fontNon-proportional font
Date:         Tue, 16 Jun 2009 00:07:18 -0400
From:         Rick Foster <redhawkf@PEOPLEPC.COM>
Subject:      Re: Help with Dometic 12v wiring

Being new to posting on this list and my computer doing funky things at times I know not if at times my follow-up post's didn't make it here, I've been waiting for replies, so I venture again: (thanx Craig, robert, Mark and Scott)

This thread took the direction of 'The Incredible Journey' thru my relay. Facinating, and possibly why my relay is fried, the input wiring (thanx Robert) was wrong. I'm still stumped about how to know my house wiring is OK before installing the Dometic!

- I checked output at my Alt blue wire spade while running and got 0.12v. My alt lite goes on when I turn ign on but get no voltage from the relay at that spade on the relay.

-? my relay is fried? It is VW # 411915511B.

- ? GW has a 'second battery relay' that has the same spade #'s; is this the same relay?

- ? Do I need a new Alt?

- ? Should I get a 'aux bat wiring kit'?

Thanx, and count me in too!

(Freebo, Dometic Harmony is the Goal!)

Rick Foster '85 Westy, 2.1 So. OR

________________________________________ PeoplePC Online A better way to Internet http://www.peoplepc.com