Vanagon EuroVan
Previous messageNext messagePrevious in topicNext in topicPrevious by same authorNext by same authorPrevious page (June 2009, week 4)Back to main VANAGON pageJoin or leave VANAGON (or change settings)ReplyPost a new messageSearchProportional fontNon-proportional font
Date:         Tue, 23 Jun 2009 21:59:00 -0700
From:         Gary Bawden <goldfieldgary@GMAIL.COM>
Subject:      Re: free toolbox with vw purchase
Comments: cc: Amy Miner <vanagonwestygirl@GMAIL.COM>

I get good German tools at Samstag Sales, they have a website and also sell stuff on eBay, sometimes for a pretty good discount. Standard disclaimer: I am in no way associated with Samstag Sales. The CV joint tools is called an XZN or "triple square", it's over halfway down the page here: http://www.samstagsales.com/hazet.htm

Kinda pricey, I know, but Hazet is considered by many to be one of the very best tool manufacturers in the world. I buy this kind of stuff because I live in a remote area and if my cheap tools break, I'm stuck for several days in the middle of a project because the nearest Sears is 185 miles away. So I try and get the good stuff. I recently bought a set of deep offset box wrenches from these guys from Stahlwille, which I've been told is Germany's #3 brand, but way better (IMHO) than what's available in the US. All I can tell you is, if it was my birthday and someone bought me some nice Stahlwille, Hazet, or Gedore tools, I'd be in seventh heaven!

Gary