Vanagon EuroVan
Previous messageNext messagePrevious in topicNext in topicPrevious by same authorNext by same authorPrevious page (June 2009, week 4)Back to main VANAGON pageJoin or leave VANAGON (or change settings)ReplyPost a new messageSearchProportional fontNon-proportional font
Date:         Wed, 24 Jun 2009 14:02:28 -0700
From:         Stephen Cebula <sfcebula@YAHOO.COM>
Subject:      Re: Electrical Anomalies (Continued)

Thanks everyone for all the input.  I checked my grounds and everything looks good.  As far as the ignition switch goes, it will turn over, but it just won't fire up for a few minutes after it stalls.  Also, my wife noticed that it was blowing out smoke as I was trying to start it.  It doesn't smoke at all when it runs.  The funny thing is that it only does this while idling, never with my foot on the gas or in gear.  The same goes for the flashing temp light..only at idle and usually after idling for a few minutes.