Vanagon EuroVan
Previous messageNext messagePrevious in topicNext in topicPrevious by same authorNext by same authorPrevious page (June 2009, week 4)Back to main VANAGON pageJoin or leave VANAGON (or change settings)ReplyPost a new messageSearchProportional fontNon-proportional font
Date:         Mon, 22 Jun 2009 19:57:06 -0700
From:         Scott Daniel - Turbovans <scottdaniel@TURBOVANS.COM>
Subject:      Re: Casfor Clunkers
Comments: To: Allan Streib <streib@CS.INDIANA.EDU>

they'd be miles ahead if they would pay a reward, ........ or subsidize.............. later model engines being installed in vanagons ....... less polluting engines that get better fuel economy. Instead of making it difficult, or even illegal, for people to put late model engines into vanagons ......... as they do in California, they could pay for people to that, or at least contribute something toward covering the cost of a nice less-polluting engine conversion.

I've been saying a long time .........'they think digging up materials from the earth, and then making products and toys from those materials, and distributing them around........'they' think that puts food on the table. It doesn't off course, not 'really really' .......growing good food and distributing it, puts food on the table. Making products and spreading them around contributes to the distruction of the planet. Hopefully they'll figure that out. These days I think what will kill the car as we know it is ............all the environmental factors. I suspect we might get over-polluted and this have to cut back on fuel burners, before we run out of juice to run them on. A real practrical plan would be each working adult gets a 20,000 dollar allowance once every say 5 yers, to buy a new car. But just printing money and passing it around, to make cars to make jobs ..........a short term gain is all. Long term ..... somebody is gonna have to pay someday.......or they'll just forgive all that debt too.........which proves what I knew when I was 6 years old...... there is something very 'off' about the concept of 'the economy' ...... becasue when a species or a culture overproduces anything ......cars, airplanes, whatever.......inevitably...........they are in the end forced to only make what is needed, so why not reduce production in the first place, instead of overproducing madly then having a near collapse. Humans be dumb. Now it's really starting to have consequences. Thank goodness we can still drive as we know it. I don't take it for granted at all. A Big Brother tries to creep in 'everywhere' ...........they are considering having GPS based devices that track how many miles you drive a year, so your state can tax your driving based on how far you drive, rather than tax the fuel .........which is dumb, since if that was the case..........taxed for miles and not fuel used, they're be less incentive to drive a more fuel effecient car. Back to work.

----- Original Message ----- From: "Allan Streib" <streib@CS.INDIANA.EDU> To: <vanagon@GERRY.VANAGON.COM> Sent: Monday, June 22, 2009 7:28 PM Subject: Re: Casfor Clunkers