Vanagon EuroVan
Previous messageNext messagePrevious in topicNext in topicPrevious by same authorNext by same authorPrevious page (June 2009, week 5)Back to main VANAGON pageJoin or leave VANAGON (or change settings)ReplyPost a new messageSearchProportional fontNon-proportional font
Date:         Mon, 29 Jun 2009 12:53:14 -0600
From:         Ryan Miller <rmiller@CITYWORKS.COM>
Subject:      FS: Subie Project Van - salt lake

Sorry for the cross post.

Hey all, I know it's been a while since my last post, and boy i could tell you stories. Nevertheless, I'm giving up my dream of having that wonderful van with the beefy engine. Long story short, i just had a brand new factory re-built 2000 2.5l SOHC engine (~$5k) put into the van by a local respected vw/subie shop and drove it around for about 60 miles (boy did it have

power!) when all of a sudden the temp gauge started creeping up and as i was pulling off the freeway to let it cool off it dies and won't start again. I get it towed back to the shop and they just reported to me that it must have sprung a leak somewhere up front and dropped all of its coolant tho i saw no evidence of this where i park the van nor any smoke/steam when i drove it and it had been running superbly up until that point. Anyway, the engine has seized and i'm all out of time and a lot of $$. So, my loss is someone's gain (i hope). Here are the basic specs:

-1982 Westfalia brown - aircooled converted to water cooled with all the fancy small car parts and adapters

-2000 2.5l SOHC seized subie motor with ~60m miles on it :(

-Exterior - paint has oxidized over time, but no visible rust tho there are a couple of small spots where you can tell work has been done in the past and paint has been touched up. Actually just got a quote for a body paint job :/ It spent most of its life in SoCal and AZ.

-Camper and Interior is in remarkably good shape with the typical cracks and blemishes you'd find on this age of vehicle but upholstery is all intact and chairs are in great shape.

-No fridge, replaced with shelving, stove works, water pump/sink work

-Second propane tank on passengers side added, but not hooked up (was going for a propex heater at some point)

-pop top canvas in good condition tho needs new bug screen eventually.

everything works.

-Rare dealership added under dash A/C - blew nice and cool up until the end.

-B-Quiet and added insulation throughout

-Big steel tubular bumper with hitch on rear from Aircooled.net

-yokohama tires, with very few miles on them

-replaced instrument cluster to add tach and "heat" gauge

-extra replacement windshield with seal - was going to go in when van was painted.

-extra front door handles w/keys and ignition w/key - existing ones work, just wanted fresh new ones.

-the list goes on and on

It's my hope that this van will find a loving family who will make it what it was always was meant to be, but if that isn't possible I'll part it out to recoup some of my recent expenses (funny how they are worth more in parts than whole...pause...not).

Basically, it needs an engine and you're off camping.

Not even sure what would be a good asking price for the thing as a whole, but if you're interested make me an offer. No serious ones will be ignored.

If you're interested in parts, send me a list and i'll put you on the waiting list (damn vultures! ;)

Pics available on request - pmail me rmiller@cityworks.com

or call

801-661-1947

One sad Ryan

And one great van looking for a new home

'82 Camper Van "Beethoven"