Vanagon EuroVan
Previous messageNext messagePrevious in topicNext in topicPrevious by same authorNext by same authorPrevious page (June 2009, week 5)Back to main VANAGON pageJoin or leave VANAGON (or change settings)ReplyPost a new messageSearchProportional fontNon-proportional font
Date:         Mon, 29 Jun 2009 15:11:52 -0500
From:         Max Wellhouse <dimwittedmoose@CFU.NET>
Subject:      Re: Cross Country Trip Part 2: The northern route
Comments: To: craig cowan <phishman068@GMAIL.COM>

Craig: Do go see the Spam Museum in Austin Minnesota. Fat is where it's at!! Also a bit south of Madison is Mt. Horeb and they have a bunch of cool little trolls carved out of wood around the town. Definitely stop by the Tire Rack Distribution center just west of South Bend if you need tires or wheels or one of those really cool aluminum floor jacks and want to save shipping costs. I think it's the Hwy 31 exit, but it's the industrial park exit(first one coming from the west). You can't miss the TR building on your right as you drive by during the daytime anyway. The 294 Tri sate tollway through N. Illinois is a real bear to get through even at 3AM, so be advised.

Enjoy the rest of the journey, man.

DM&FS

At 12:53 AM 6/29/2009, craig cowan wrote: >Hello guys!I have to say again that meeting vanagon list members along the >way of my 3000 mile journey from Pittsburgh PA to Reno Nevada made the trip >that much more enjoyable. I am contemplating and planning for the trip home >in August (though unsure on dates quite yet) and thinking about taking a >more Northern Route along I94 (though by no means limited to that). > >So, if there are any list members in Idaho, Montana, North Dakota, >Minnesota, or Wisconsin, Or if anyone has any particular places I should see >or stay at en route.... i'm all ears! >It would be such a fantastic ending to such an amazing 10,000 mile summer to >travel the northern route making friends en-route. >I'm not asking for charity, just wondering if there are cool people who >would like to sit down and talk vanagons with a young man from the east >coast. All interested parties will be allowed to take a test drive in my >Bostig Powered Westy, it's a great treat : ) > > >Thanks again! > >-Craig Cowan >'85GL turned WESTY >BOSTIG in the back