Vanagon EuroVan
Previous messageNext messagePrevious in topicNext in topicPrevious by same authorNext by same authorPrevious page (July 2009, week 1)Back to main VANAGON pageJoin or leave VANAGON (or change settings)ReplyPost a new messageSearchProportional fontNon-proportional font
Date:         Fri, 3 Jul 2009 11:33:49 -0500
From:         Julia Schrenkler <juliaschrenkler@GMAIL.COM>
Subject:      Re: Cross Country Trip Part 2: The northern route
Comments: To: craig cowan <phishman068@gmail.com>

Hi Craig,

If your time, budget, and inclination is flexible enough, I suggest hopping off I94 and cutting across Minnesota's Iron Range through northern Wisconsin and Michigan's Upper Peninsula. Between Lake Superior and the forest areas, well, it might be a refreshing break. It always seems to do our souls some good.

Tom mentioned Sturgis - in 2004 we ended up swinging the wanderwagen through for a day after a Yellowstone / Devil's Tower visit. It was a lot of fun, even the search for camping. We've never done I94, only I90, so I can't offer comparisons on that part of the route.

If you do stick to I94 or I90 and you think you'll land in the Twin Cities drop me a line (if we're not camping!) to talk all things Vanagon.

Travel well,

-Julia