Vanagon EuroVan
Previous messageNext messagePrevious in topicNext in topicPrevious by same authorNext by same authorPrevious page (July 2009, week 1)Back to main VANAGON pageJoin or leave VANAGON (or change settings)ReplyPost a new messageSearchProportional fontNon-proportional font
Date:         Tue, 7 Jul 2009 11:56:19 -0700
From:         craig cowan <phishman068@GMAIL.COM>
Subject:      Re: rear seat swap
Comments: To: David Beierl <dbeierl@attglobal.net>

Hmm....I just traded a 3 wide westy seat from an '84 wolfsburg after having it listed here and on thesamba for a year, best offer!

They really are awesome. I used it in my passanger van before it became a westy, and it really was always amongst my favorite vanagon doo-dads. The storage was just fantastic. You could fit very long things in there too, not the case with the westy bed. It has a home with a list member, who'll be doing some cool custom things with it soon.

As far as repositioning the heater goes, there is ALOT of space for movement on that. I repositioned it to an entirely different place on my westy swap, as my interior was from an aircooled and has a door on the face of the rear bed and no hole for the heater. I simply purchased some hose junctions and short (I think 1 foot each) sections of hose and made it all longer.

The '84 wolfsburg seats utilize "WESTY" riser brackets in the floor. Don't ad these, there's no point in welding. Just drill holes, and stick a nut on the other side. The same applies for the rear supports that extend over the engine bay hump. One of them will end up inside one of the wheel wells, so access to that nut is easy. However, on a syncro, I believe the other nut would infact be hidden behind gas tank stuff.

-Craig '85GL turned WESTY BOSTIG in the back Close to 5K miles now, in the month of June.