Vanagon EuroVan
Previous messageNext messagePrevious in topicNext in topicPrevious by same authorNext by same authorPrevious page (July 2009, week 1)Back to main VANAGON pageJoin or leave VANAGON (or change settings)ReplyPost a new messageSearchProportional fontNon-proportional font
Date:         Tue, 7 Jul 2009 20:19:55 -0700
From:         Vern in Bend <vernmcintosh@EONI.COM>
Subject:      Re: On Board Propane used outside

My '80 ASI camper came with an outside cooking arrangement, part of the ASI setup.

There is a small, ottoman-like piece of cabinetry with a hinged cushion on top, lightly mounted behind the front passenger seat. Open the box and inside is a second cooktop - identical to the two-burner, RV-type cooktop in the counter, but mounted in a small, portable base with handholds. Stored underneath the cooktop and attached is a 10-12 foot LP gas hose with a quick-connect fitting. The propane tank (which is under the slider door) has a mating quick-connect fitting just after the regulator.

The single table mounts inside the van with a standard RV table floor 'socket', and a standard outdoor tripod socket is included as part of the ASI setup.

Soo, you can set up the van table and the 'extra' cooktop outside, and connect the hose to the tank plumbing with the quick-connect fittings.

Vern McIntosh Bend, Oregon