Vanagon EuroVan
Previous messageNext messagePrevious in topicNext in topicPrevious by same authorNext by same authorPrevious page (July 2009, week 2)Back to main VANAGON pageJoin or leave VANAGON (or change settings)ReplyPost a new messageSearchProportional fontNon-proportional font
Date:         Fri, 10 Jul 2009 10:14:36 -0700
From:         Loren Busch <starwagen@GMAIL.COM>
Subject:      NVC Fwd: Important notice: GeoCities is closing
Comments: To: Wetwesties <Wetwesties@yahoogroups.com>

For those of you that either have a website up on GeoCities or have important bookmarks that point to GeoCities hosted sites you might want to take notice of this.

---------- Forwarded message ---------- From: Yahoo! GeoCities <yahoo@email.yahoo-inc.com> Date: Fri, Jul 10, 2009 at 10:22 AM Subject: Important notice: GeoCities is closing To: labusch@verizon.net

[image: Yahoo! GeoCities Service Announcement] Important notice: GeoCities is closing. Dear Yahoo! GeoCities customer,

We're writing to let you know that Yahoo! GeoCities, our free web site building service and community, is closing on *October 26, 2009*.

On October 26, 2009, your GeoCities site will no longer appear on the Web, and you will no longer be able to access your GeoCities account and files.

*What You Need to Do* If you'd like to move your web site, or save the images and other files you've posted online, you need to act now by choosing one of the following options:

• *Move your site to Yahoo! Web Hosting. * We know your files are important to you, and we want to make moving to Web Hosting as easy and affordable as we can. For a limited time, you can move your files automatically, take advantage of terrific features like a personalized domain name and email, even redirect your GeoCities web address to your new site — all for only *$4.99 a month for a full year*.

For more information and complete terms, please see our special offer<http://smallbusiness.yahoo.com/webhosting/webhostingup.php?p=GEOWH499ANNUAL>now.

• *Download your files to your own computer.* With your pages and images saved offline, you can re-create your site with any hosting provider.

To quickly download your published files, visit your GeoCities web site, right-click on each page, and choose *Save Page As...* from the menu that appears. Choose a location on your computer to save your files, then click * OK* or *Save*. Learn more about downloading your files.<http://help.yahoo.com/l/us/yahoo/geocities/close/close-02.html> *Don't Wait* Please be aware that after October 26, your GeoCities files will be deleted from our servers, and *will not be recoverable*. If you'd like to save your files, you must download them now or move to Yahoo! Web Hosting. If you need assistance, please visit the help center<http://help.yahoo.com/l/us/yahoo/geocities/close> .

We want to thank you for being a GeoCities customer, and hope you continue to enjoy our other Yahoo! services.

Best regards,

The Yahoo! GeoCities team Please do not reply to this message. This is a service email related to your use of Yahoo! GeoCities. If you have questions, please contact Yahoo! Customer Care. For your protection, Yahoo! will never ask you to provide your billing information via email. To learn more about Yahoo!'s use of personal information, including the use of Web beacons<http://info.yahoo.com/privacy/us/yahoo/webbeacons/>in HTML-based email, please read our Privacy Policy <http://info.yahoo.com/privacy/us/yahoo/>. Yahoo! is located at 701 First Avenue, Sunnyvale, CA 94089.

Copyright © 2009 Yahoo! Inc. All rights reserved. Terms of Service <http://smallbusiness.yahoo.com/tos/tos.php> - Help<http://help.yahoo.com/l/us/yahoo/geocities>