Vanagon EuroVan
Previous messageNext messagePrevious in topicNext in topicPrevious by same authorNext by same authorPrevious page (July 2009, week 2)Back to main VANAGON pageJoin or leave VANAGON (or change settings)ReplyPost a new messageSearchProportional fontNon-proportional font
Date:         Fri, 10 Jul 2009 23:51:26 -0700
From:         neil N <musomuso@GMAIL.COM>
Subject:      Re: Friday - Disaster averted
Comments: To: Mike <mbucchino@charter.net>

On Fri, Jul 10, 2009 at 4:18 PM, Mike<mbucchino@charter.net> wrote: > Awesome, Jeff! > >  I too, averted disaster today, but of a different sort.......... > >  Today while working at a customer site, a diesel truck battery blew up in my face, spraying both of my eyes and my entire upper torso, face, sinuses, arms, etc. with battery acid/ water.  The whole top of the battery shrapnelled, a few pieces even poked my forehead and nose.   I couldn't see through the acid haze in my burning eyes. >  Quick thinking, and a gallon jug of clean water within arm's reach saved both my eyes, and the guy that was with me topping off the almost empty battery cells. >  Needless to say, I spent the entire afternoon in a clinic and then an opthamoligist's office to sort out the damages.  Luckily, the water rinse for a half hour or so, limited the injuries to minor, with no expected long-term consequences, but now I need to prevent infections.  No fun, I'll tell ya! > > Grateful to still see with both eyes now, > > Mike B >

E-Yikes!

Hope all works out man. Owch.

Of course I have read warnings about batteries in Haynes etc., but have never heard of one blowing up.

Looks so innocent just sitting there.....

Best,

Neil.

-- Neil Nicholson '81 VanaJetta 2.0 "Jaco"

http://tubaneil.googlepages.com/

http://groups.google.com/group/vanagons-with-vw-inline-4-cylinder-gas-engines