Vanagon EuroVan
Previous messageNext messagePrevious in topicNext in topicPrevious by same authorNext by same authorPrevious page (July 2009, week 2)Back to main VANAGON pageJoin or leave VANAGON (or change settings)ReplyPost a new messageSearchProportional fontNon-proportional font
Date:         Sat, 11 Jul 2009 10:31:29 -0700
From:         Roland <syncronicity1@GMAIL.COM>
Subject:      Re: Yeah! It's a water pump weekend! (questions of course)

Hi Scott,

Thanks a bunch for the answers. A couple of follow ups:

- I saw the 13mm socket/swivel integrated as one when I got to sears, looked like a good option. I got the general 3/8" drive universal, can use it for others, did a test fit last night, should work.

- re: pulley bolt removal: your suggestion is excellent. I wanted to say "so obvious", but I didn't see it at the time. Sounds like the perfect method.

- re: hose/pipe to the right side: I only loosened one of the clamps, guess you are right, I'll loosen them both, try some lube, etc.

So, I have additional questions (although I am going outside to work on it now): - I read somewhere, perhaps just in some email about using some sealer on the o rings, maybe it was some silicone sealer in addition to the o-rings to provide extra protection. Anybody remember that at all, or am I maybe thinking of something else.

- belt tightness: anybody have suggestion to measure the tightness of the 3 belts? I don't have any type of gauge, is there some "rule of thumb method"?

Thanks!

Roland