Vanagon EuroVan
Previous messageNext messagePrevious in topicNext in topicPrevious by same authorNext by same authorPrevious page (July 2009, week 2)Back to main VANAGON pageJoin or leave VANAGON (or change settings)ReplyPost a new messageSearchProportional fontNon-proportional font
Date:         Thu, 9 Jul 2009 09:12:40 -0700
From:         Paul G <franklinstower48@YAHOO.COM>
Subject:      Re: Big brake conversion

the reason you have been replacing your rear brake pads twice as much on the rears is the size of the pad, not the brake bias.  Check your pad size and thickness front to rear, the fronts are twice the thickness so obviously they will last longer,  Although with the 4 wheel ABS system the rears do tend to do more braking than older non ABS systems but I still believe the fronts tend to do about 75 % of the breaking.  I notice this on dirt when I (try) to lock them up.  My front gets the ABS shutter and not the rear.