Vanagon EuroVan
Previous messageNext messagePrevious in topicNext in topicPrevious by same authorNext by same authorPrevious page (July 2009, week 2)Back to main VANAGON pageJoin or leave VANAGON (or change settings)ReplyPost a new messageSearchProportional fontNon-proportional font
Date:         Thu, 9 Jul 2009 22:09:54 -0700
From:         Jim Cochran <mxsailor@GMAIL.COM>
Subject:      Re: 2.1 questions
Comments: To: Scott Daniel - Turbovans <scottdaniel@TURBOVANS.COM>

Scott, Appears to be no endplay and the rings & pistons LOOK good, free to move and there's no traces of metal anywhere. I do suspect the jugs were not scratched on my watch, but the rebuild I bought is seriously inferior in some ways. There's plenty of evidence of cutting corners. The rebuilder never picked up the core, which is what I'm using for parts. Would really prefer not to split the case. The heads appear to be good and valves & seats are OK at first glance. Sending heads out to shop tomorrow, so we'll see about that.

Thanks for the response Jim