Vanagon EuroVan
Previous messageNext messagePrevious in topicNext in topicPrevious by same authorNext by same authorPrevious page (July 2009, week 3)Back to main VANAGON pageJoin or leave VANAGON (or change settings)ReplyPost a new messageSearchProportional fontNon-proportional font
Date:         Sun, 19 Jul 2009 15:41:25 -0400
From:         "Jack R." <jack007@COMCAST.NET>
Subject:      Re: 84 Vanagon Brake Light fuse location - Problem fixed!

After tracing the brown/black wire to the back, and running a lead from the front switches on the master cly. I tested with an ohm meter, and found no opens or shorts. So, I put the ohm meter on each of the two switches on the Master Cly, and depressed the brake. Placing leads on opposite sides of the switch (not sure what the center one does. The switch at closest to the front of the van zeroed out the ohm meter, so that was good... but the switch nearest to the driver didn't budge the meter.

I was lucky to have a spare switch on hand, placed a rag under the MC, and removed and replaced the switch. Put it back together, and I once again have brake lights!!!

One should never assume that an obvious observation like the worn ends of my trailer light adaptor, was the cause of the problem... on second thought, it may have caused the switch to fail?!?

Thanks to everyone's P-mail.

Jack R. 84 Westy Wolfie, N. of Detroit

Follow-up, none of the fuses on the fuse panel are blown, and all other electric is working???