Vanagon EuroVan
Previous messageNext messagePrevious in topicNext in topicPrevious by same authorNext by same authorPrevious page (July 2009, week 3)Back to main VANAGON pageJoin or leave VANAGON (or change settings)ReplyPost a new messageSearchProportional fontNon-proportional font
Date:         Mon, 20 Jul 2009 06:13:58 -0700
From:         Joel Cort <joel_cort@YAHOO.COM>
Subject:      Re: NVC - Fryedae - 2CV parade at Tour de France

Thanks Ric, Great info about Cochonou -  by the way the word for pig in French is COCHON so cochonou is the play on the words... I am an avid 2CV fan, being the very first car I ever rode in and got to drive sitting on my daddy's lap doing donuts in the open fields of Lorraine. I too will be in withdrawal... it is kind of no football after the supper bowl.  Joel Cort  - Le Frog Rochester NY. 89 Syncro Westy (CinnabarVan) 87 Syncro Transporter (Stella) 73 Westy Campmobile (agent orange) Founding Member of the Empire VW Camping Club & Westies at Watkins - www.westies-at-watkins.org ________________________________ From: Jake de Villiers <crescentbeachguitar@GMAIL.COM> To: vanagon@GERRY.VANAGON.COM Sent: Friday, July 17, 2009 10:58:08 AM Subject: Re: NVC - Fryedae - 2CV parade at Tour de France Closet nothing - I'm out!  When I was landscaping with my father in the Monterey Peninsula 30 years ago, he had an International 1600 dump truck, a 3CV (the little van) and an H van.  Pretty easy to tell who's working a particular job!  He also had a Mehari at home for going down to the beach for a run.  =) On Fri, Jul 17, 2009 at 3:51 AM, Richard Golen <rgolen@hotmail.com> wrote: > For all of you other "closet" 2CV fans, I got my 2CV fix and more while > watching the TdF coverage yesterday afternoon! As the lead group was heading > towards Vittel, the coverage cut to a shot of the finish line. Crossing the > line was a parade of 5 or 6 2CVs painted up in a red and white checkerboard > pattern. The shot lasted only a couple of seconds...but I was intrigued. > > After further investigation, these 2CVs are aparently a fixture at the TdF > (as opposed to TDi- obligitory VW content) and are from a French sausage > company - Cochonou. The 2CV parade preceeds the riders on each stage and the > passengers toss out sausages to the crowd. > > Here's their website: > > http://www.cochonou.fr/ > > > > A video of the 2CVs from the 08 TdF: > > http://www.dailymotion.com/video/x60a9b_presentation-des-2cv_travel > > > > > And if you want the complete cochhonou TdF experience, you can go to ebay > for a Couchonou TDF commemerative hat: > > > http://shop.ebay.com/?_from=R40&_trksid=p3907.m38.l1313&_nkw=cochonou&_sacat=See-All-Categories > > > > Au revoir! Time for a croissant and a cafe americaine.... > > > Ric (who will go into TdF withdrawal immediately after the final stage in > Paris) > > > > > > > _________________________________________________________________ > Hotmail® has ever-growing storage! Don’t worry about storage limits. > > http://windowslive.com/Tutorial/Hotmail/Storage?ocid=TXT_TAGLM_WL_HM_Tutorial_Storage_062009 > -- Beverley Anne de Villiers  April 20, 1930 - July 4, 2009 Jake 1984 Vanagon GL 1986 Westy Weekender "Dixie" Crescent Beach, BC www.thebassspa.com www.crescentbeachguitar.com http://subyjake.googlepages.com/mydixiedarlin%27