Vanagon EuroVan
Previous messageNext messagePrevious in topicNext in topicPrevious by same authorNext by same authorPrevious page (July 2009, week 3)Back to main VANAGON pageJoin or leave VANAGON (or change settings)ReplyPost a new messageSearchProportional fontNon-proportional font
Date:         Mon, 20 Jul 2009 10:32:17 -0600
From:         Warren Lail <wklail@GMAIL.COM>
Subject:      Re: Air Mattress or Foam Pad?
Comments: To: Tom Buese <tombuese@comcast.net>

Just found this 50" wide mattress at BigAgnes.com. Will be available Oct 1 at a price of $159.00. It will be slightly wide for a Westy. According to my measure, my westy is 48" wide. That will cause a little roll up on each side, which is not too bad.

http://www.bigagnes.com/Products/Detail/Pad/Hinman

Warren Lail 88 Westy "Billy Bones"

On Mon, Jul 20, 2009 at 10:19 AM, Tom Buese<tombuese@comcast.net> wrote: > I started out w/ 2 single - 2" Thermarest pads to supplement our early style > lower bed & they were ok, & easy to store, but not as comfy as we would have > liked, so got the Costco memory foam ($128+-) which is about 6" too wide to > fit flat, but is heaven!  Decided to not cut to correct width, & actually > like it rolling up slightly on each side for additional support.  I fold the > mattress in quarters & store when traveling, behind the bench seat, & still > have plenty of room for all our other stuff, then store in our "camping > stuff room" in the garage when not needed. > > One thing to note, is that when the mattress is in cold weather, it sets up > rock hard & is harder to fold than in the summer when it is like goo!  Once > you lay it out in cold weather & apply your body heat to it, it softens up. > > YMMV, > > Mr. BZ-taking it camping this weekend > > > On Jul 20, 2009, at 9:40 AM, Warren Lail wrote: > >> I agree that those late model contoured sleeper seats are WAY >> uncomfortable.  Back when I had an 81 Westy, it had no contours and it >> was much better on the back.  In lieu of reupholstering the sleeper >> seat to make it like the earlier models, I would like to find a >> double-wide Thermarest type mattress, which would be ideal. >> >> Warren Lail >> 88 Westy "Billy Bones" >> >>>> From:    Richard Golen <rgolen@HOTMAIL.COM> >> >> Subject: Air Mattress or Foam Pad? >> >> My wife's back is beginning to bother her when she sleeps in our Westy. >> Any= >> one have any recommendations for either a decent air mattress or foam pad >> t= >> hat can be used on the lower bunk? >> >> Thanks!<< >> >> Ric=20 > >