Vanagon EuroVan
Previous messageNext messagePrevious in topicNext in topicPrevious by same authorNext by same authorPrevious page (July 2009, week 3)Back to main VANAGON pageJoin or leave VANAGON (or change settings)ReplyPost a new messageSearchProportional fontNon-proportional font
Date:         Fri, 17 Jul 2009 11:55:06 -0400
From:         Jim Lieb <jlieberie@GMAIL.COM>
Subject:      Re: 4WD Rec-Toyota-NVC Frydaye
Comments: To: Michael Sullivan <sandwichhead@gmail.com>

Michael,

I have a 2007 FJ Cuiser and I love it. No problems and when you get 120+ inches of snow in the winter like we do you just gotta have it. I also own a 82fj40 landcruiser that has +165k miles and still goes strong. It will literally drive up a tree! Personnally I don't think you can go wrong with Toyota.

Jim

On Fri, Jul 17, 2009 at 8:47 AM, Michael Sullivan <sandwichhead@gmail.com>wrote:

> Happy Frydaye Volks! Well, my 23 yr old totaled the Honda Fit last week. > He's OK but his youthful exuberance has been dampened as he now has to > recognize his mortality and lack of super-human powers of invulnerability. > Soooo, his one free car is at the salvage yard and he will now get my > wife's > 2005 Mazda3 SP. (Deal was...graduate college and student loans and first > car is on me). Gotta get her a new one and she is open to a pickup, go > figure. Have been thinking of the Toyota Tacoma 4WD access cab and > wondered > what other volks thought about it. If VW had a pickup, I would seriously > consider it, but alas they do not. Need a pickup occassionally and thought > this one would last. Anyone have experience with Toyota 4WD stock setup? > Nothing worse than getting stuck in a 4WD...ask me, I know. My old > Suburban > left me stuck a couple of times(that's why I got rid of it. Looks cooler > to > be stuck in my 2WD GL, if you ask me). Thoughts and opinions welcomed. > Thanks. > Michael in San Antonio > 91GL AT 'Gringo' > 73 Beetle >

-- Jim in NW Pa 2007 FJ Cruiser 1982 FJ40 1987 VW Westy Camper