Vanagon EuroVan
Previous messageNext messagePrevious in topicNext in topicPrevious by same authorNext by same authorPrevious page (July 2009, week 4)Back to main VANAGON pageJoin or leave VANAGON (or change settings)ReplyPost a new messageSearchProportional fontNon-proportional font
Date:         Fri, 24 Jul 2009 13:09:57 -0300
From:         Dave Arthur <dave.arthur@NSCC.CA>
Subject:      Re: No Oil filler cap=poor idle..observation on Digifant..
Comments: To: Don Hanson <dhanson928@GMAIL.COM>

On A WBX, and certainly your engine also... There is a hose, positioned between the AFM and the throttle body, which connects to the oil breather tower. This hose purges the crankcase. By leaving the oil filler cap off an abnormal amount of air can enter the throttle body without being metered by the AFM, to my mind this should cause a lean condition, but I'm not sure. Certainly it will cause a problem.

Best Regards