Vanagon EuroVan
Previous messageNext messagePrevious in topicNext in topicPrevious by same authorNext by same authorPrevious page (July 2009, week 4)Back to main VANAGON pageJoin or leave VANAGON (or change settings)ReplyPost a new messageSearchProportional fontNon-proportional font
Date:         Sun, 26 Jul 2009 10:01:14 -0400
From:         Mark A Kippert <vanagon@KIPPERT.COM>
Subject:      Re: Van wrecked, wondering if it's worth repairing

Jeff & Allen,

I'm afraid one of those has been spoken for. One is a 1988 Carat and the other a 1990 Carat. I bought the 1990 Carat about 2 weeks ago. I know Jeff would be willing to part with the '88 for $400. It's been setting for about 2 years I think. He says it has a bad engine, he just doesn't have time to work on it.

I took pictures of both with my iPhone. Check them out: <http://kippert.com/vanagon/90carat/> <http://kippert.com/vanagon/88carat/>

Allen, if you're interested, I have a 1987 GL, body in great shape, that I would be willing to give you. I bought it as a parts machine but I'm losing the garage I now have it stored in by the end of the year. All I would ask in return is help pulling all the major parts (drivetrain, computer, dash items and whatever else my be good to stockpile). My wife will not let me bring that one home since I will also have the Carat as a project. Depending on where you are in Indiana I might also be able to help you get it home (I have a nice tow dolly).

Here are pics of the '87 when I picked it up (it's now garaged): <http://kippert.com/vanagon/parts_vanagon/>

BTW, if Allen is not interested, this offer stands to any list member who's willing to help me part out the '87. I just don't have enough time to do it by myself.

Mark K 1986 GL/2WD/4SPD <http://kippert.com/vanagon/>