Vanagon EuroVan
Previous messageNext messagePrevious in topicNext in topicPrevious by same authorNext by same authorPrevious page (July 2009, week 4)Back to main VANAGON pageJoin or leave VANAGON (or change settings)ReplyPost a new messageSearchProportional fontNon-proportional font
Date:         Sun, 26 Jul 2009 17:02:54 -0700
From:         Scott Daniel - Turbovans <scottdaniel@TURBOVANS.COM>
Subject:      Re: Trip Report: Westywoman has risen again!
Comments: To: Melissa Mourkas <westywoman@MAC.COM>

hey .........what a fun report ! and having to endure only 8 weeks of non-vanagon ownership .....not bad !

I'm sure you're not running the AC ........but if you do find a case where cold air output is weak, but the compressor clutch still engages, it's better not to run the system at all. Newer AC systems have a pressure switch so it can't run , if there isn't a sufficient charge in the system. I can't say for sure than an 84 vanagon lacks such a pressure switch, but I have for sure seen a damaged compressor from running it with a low charge.

what color is he/she ? is there even a gender ? I name my cars for sure, such as Inga the turbo Volvo sedan, and Ursula my older Mercedes Benz.... but oddly, vanagon names don't come to me that often. Had an old Splittie named MottoBus once though.

congrats on your new Westy ! scott www.turbovans.com

----- Original Message ----- From: "Melissa Mourkas" <westywoman@MAC.COM> To: <vanagon@GERRY.VANAGON.COM> Sent: Sunday, July 26, 2009 4:36 PM Subject: Trip Report: Westywoman has risen again!