Vanagon EuroVan
Previous messageNext messagePrevious in topicNext in topicPrevious by same authorNext by same authorPrevious page (July 2009, week 4)Back to main VANAGON pageJoin or leave VANAGON (or change settings)ReplyPost a new messageSearchProportional fontNon-proportional font
Date:         Sun, 26 Jul 2009 17:54:51 -0700
From:         Don Hanson <dhanson928@GMAIL.COM>
Subject:      Re: Fridge Blows out While Driving.....TAKE TWO!
Comments: To: craig cowan <phishman068@gmail.com>

Mine behaves similarly, though I've not nailed it down as far as how often and when exactly it does blow out. My "Not on full cold, you don't" moment is when I am trying to light the thing. If I have it full on, I can actually hear the flame kind of 'guttering' behind the fridge and it slowly goes out...Then I hit the lighter again and it works fine...then slowly gutters out again, like the flame is seperating itself from the orfice where it normally burns from too much 'pressure'...The terms I'm using are not the precisely right ones... I have pretty good luck with mine staying lit, but now that you mention yours stays lit better at a little below full cold, I am going to try that...I've been lighting it that way and then once it stays lit for a while, turning it up to full cold.....hmmm, good tip, I'll report back after I try it. Don Hanson