Vanagon EuroVan
Previous messageNext messagePrevious in topicNext in topicPrevious by same authorNext by same authorPrevious page (July 2009, week 4)Back to main VANAGON pageJoin or leave VANAGON (or change settings)ReplyPost a new messageSearchProportional fontNon-proportional font
Date:         Mon, 27 Jul 2009 07:17:36 -0700
From:         Loren Busch <starwagen@GMAIL.COM>
Subject:      Re: Vitrfrigio install report
Comments: To: B Feddish <bfeddish@netreach.net>

RE: 12v Fridge's and batteries I just returned from a full seven days camped in the Central Cascades in Washington State, and annual astronomy event I go to every year. I'm running a Norcold (installed before the Vitrofrigios was 'discovered'). Temps in the 70's to high 80's most days, no lower than 50 at night. Like in the past, my aux battery (100 AH AGM) would drop to about 12.2 V overnight but two 50 watt solar panels pulled it back up during the day (and that with one panel going bad the second day there, output on that panel dropped to about 9v the second day instead of the 19+ V I was seeing from the other panel. I've gone up to three to four days on the 100 AH battery then I'm down to about 11 V, that's w/o the solar panels hooked up. I'd expect about the same from the Vitrofrigio, the power consumption specs are about the same. There was some interesting info from Vitrofrigio posted a couple of weeks ago about tweaking the thermostat so that the 'fridge doesn't cycle on with small drop in internal temps. BTW, I was trying to keep the 'fridge temp at about 40-42 F but it kept wanting to pull itself down to about 38 F, kept turning it down.