Vanagon EuroVan
Previous messageNext messagePrevious in topicNext in topicPrevious by same authorNext by same authorPrevious page (July 2009, week 4)Back to main VANAGON pageJoin or leave VANAGON (or change settings)ReplyPost a new messageSearchProportional fontNon-proportional font
Date:         Mon, 27 Jul 2009 13:24:44 -0800
From:         Troy <colorworks@GCI.NET>
Subject:      Re: Vitrfrigio install report
Comments: To: Kim Brennan <kimbrennan@mac.com>

The fridge consumes 2.8 amps per hour. The average usage is somewhere around 20 minutes, perhaps 15 minutes if the temperatures are on the cool side, more if it's hot. 2.8 divided by three is close to 1 amp. I think it's a reasonable assumption based on the feedback I've gotten from people who own these fridges. No, it is by no means exact. I totally agree with you that there are too many variables. There are some excellent controllers out there, battery monitors, that could determine precisely, but my figures are super conservative. Even using super conservative figures, the fridge would not run for a week, and again, that's my point.

Troy

----- Original Message ----- From: "Kim Brennan" <kimbrennan@mac.com> To: <colorworks@gci.net> Cc: <vanagon@GERRY.VANAGON.COM> Sent: Monday, July 27, 2009 1:10 PM Subject: Re: Vitrfrigio install report