Vanagon EuroVan
Previous messageNext messagePrevious in topicNext in topicPrevious by same authorNext by same authorPrevious page (July 2009, week 4)Back to main VANAGON pageJoin or leave VANAGON (or change settings)ReplyPost a new messageSearchProportional fontNon-proportional font
Date:         Thu, 23 Jul 2009 07:13:26 -0400
From:         Rod Smith <westfaliavanman@GMAIL.COM>
Subject:      Re: Benny Boy Re: Need some assistance ...

Ben; Please don't be so bitter. People on this list do and will continue to help each other when possible. Look at the support this list provided for Boston Bob's family as just one example. I could go on... Personally, I would love to be able to help with your boat move and actually thought of how I may be able to do so, but with only an underpowered '84 Westy & a wife and kid in tow (plus a very travel-limiting job) I realized I would be more of a hindrance than a help. Anyway, I know that you give much more than you take from this list and I for one thank you for that. So... look at the challenge of getting your boat to Canada as a positive! Get away from the shop for a while, I'm sure you will have work to come back to with your skills. Or, just give it a little more time, things have a way of working themselves out. People want to help if they can, but as you remain busy just trying to get by, so do most of us on the list. Finally, While some may just "take and take..." many others only wish that they could give and give the way you have. Please keep your contributions to the Vanagon community coming. I think you are more appreciated than you realize.

Rod.

Benny Wrote:

This is real nice of YOU! But it's you and you alone. Stop that thread, i don't want to see my name anywhere for a long wile, it all began on The Samba where people wonder why i didn't post lately (because I have other hobby!!!!).

I don't need nothing in life, i need no one help. People don't help other for free. It's a sad fact of life.

I did it and i was dead wrong.

I'll get my boat up here don't worry about me, i can take care of myself, believe me.

I thought that maybe i could ask for some help but i was dead wrong. It's something you never do.

People take.. they take and take.. me myself and I.

I have seen the light lately.

Ben