Vanagon EuroVan
Previous messageNext messagePrevious in topicNext in topicPrevious by same authorNext by same authorPrevious page (July 2009, week 4)Back to main VANAGON pageJoin or leave VANAGON (or change settings)ReplyPost a new messageSearchProportional fontNon-proportional font
Date:         Sat, 25 Jul 2009 12:32:33 -0400
From:         Ken Wilford <kenwilfy@COMCAST.NET>
Subject:      78 Bus back on the road!

Dear Vanagon List,

Thanks for all your help. Several of you suggested the Air Flow Meter. I could see that someone had already had the top off. I normally hate to mess with these because I don't like to cause more problems than I solve and I usually have a good used one sitting around for the Vanagon to just pop on and see if that is an issue. However for the 78 bus I didn't have a good used one so I had to work with what I had. The tracks were worn at the low rpm range which is where he was having the bucking. You could see white in the tracks where the arm had worn through. I found this neat Youtube video that walks you through this repair and it was simple. You can check it out here http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-11J8XawQtc

Now the bus is back on the road, running sweet and hopefully it should stay that way for the rest of their journey. The customer is a Jazz Saxophonist who is touring the country with his wife. A nice couple. They wound up camping out here for four nights until I could finally get this figured out for them. Not my normal thing but this time of year with folks traveling you do what you have to do to help get folks back on the road.

Again thanks so much for the help guys, you are the greatest!

Ken Wilford John 3:16 www.vanagain.com