Vanagon EuroVan
Previous messageNext messagePrevious in topicNext in topicPrevious by same authorNext by same authorPrevious page (July 2009, week 5)Back to main VANAGON pageJoin or leave VANAGON (or change settings)ReplyPost a new messageSearchProportional fontNon-proportional font
Date:         Thu, 30 Jul 2009 13:01:54 -0700
From:         aatransaxle <daryl@AATRANSAXLE.COM>
Subject:      Re: Wheel Bearing Problem Resolved
Comments: To: John Rodgers <inua@CHARTER.NET>

In the transmission world...I use only German bearings due to having fewer problems than I have seen with other countires products..For example..You cannot buy an early bus mainshaft bearing from Germny..Just china..and the end result is less than stellar..Been told that every 3rd batch of them is good..(ie: up to German standard and wear)..But the other 2 batches wear prematurely..That said..I even get FAG pinion barings made in Hungary that are prone to wearing 1 of the races prematurely on occasion or with poor preload.... So buy the best money can buy and hope for the best.. Daryl of AA Transaxle (425) 788-4070 aatransaxle.com 86 Syncro Westy Zetec in the trunk ----- Original Message ----- From: "John Rodgers" <inua@CHARTER.NET> To: <vanagon@GERRY.VANAGON.COM> Sent: Thursday, July 30, 2009 8:52 AM Subject: Wheel Bearing Problem Resolved