Vanagon EuroVan
Previous messageNext messagePrevious in topicNext in topicPrevious by same authorNext by same authorPrevious page (July 2009, week 5)Back to main VANAGON pageJoin or leave VANAGON (or change settings)ReplyPost a new messageSearchProportional fontNon-proportional font
Date:         Fri, 31 Jul 2009 12:09:49 -0500
From:         Tom Hargrave <thargrav@HIWAAY.NET>
Subject:      Re: [NVC] Pee for Fuel - no joke
Comments: To: Michael Sullivan <sandwichhead@GMAIL.COM>

All of these great ideas, they are also very old ideas. End they don't work because of a combination of two issues - physical processing plant size and vehicle storage capacity, which limits distance.

Both of these issues are solved by electric. The major production facilities & more are being put on line (coal, nuclear, wind, etc) and because batteries convert electrical energy into chemical energy, a lot of electricity can be stored in a relatively small space.

Thanks, Tom Hargrave Our Web Sites: www.kegkits.com http://www.kegkits.com/JABF/ www.stir-plate.com www.andyshotsauce.com 256-656-1924