Vanagon EuroVan
Previous messageNext messagePrevious in topicNext in topicPrevious by same authorNext by same authorPrevious page (July 2009, week 5)Back to main VANAGON pageJoin or leave VANAGON (or change settings)ReplyPost a new messageSearchProportional fontNon-proportional font
Date:         Fri, 31 Jul 2009 19:12:49 -0700
From:         Doug Olson <therealdoug@YAHOO.COM>
Subject:      Anybody in San Diego?... There's a CHEAP 85 for sale, NOW...

Hey, if there are any vanagon members in San Diego, I have found a 1985 vanagon (ASI Riviera) with a manual tranny and an engine that MIGHT have serious issues, but might not...

The guy MUST sell it within the next 12 hours or so, due to storage problems. He only wants $750 for it, and says it has zero rust, tranny was working fine, pop top is in excellent condition, etc. He overheated the engine, and it has been basically in storage for over a year.

The oil is not milky, and the engine does turn over, but sounds a bit weird, on the phone anyway...

If somebody is interested, his name is John, and his number is 619-253-5445 at home or his cell number is 121-129-1353

I sure wish I could evaluate it in person, but I'm in WI, so that's out. But if anybody looks at it and determines that the engine issue is a $300-$400 fix or less, I'd be interested in it if nobody else is, depending on how honest the guy has been thus far...

I'd pay somebody to get it to where ever it could be fixed, pay for the repairs, and get down there to drive it home.... yeah, I know... pretty crazy...

Anyway, just thought I'd throw the info into the wind...

Doug (From the land where RUST PREVAILS)