Vanagon EuroVan
Previous messageNext messagePrevious in topicNext in topicPrevious by same authorNext by same authorPrevious page (July 2009, week 5)Back to main VANAGON pageJoin or leave VANAGON (or change settings)ReplyPost a new messageSearchProportional fontNon-proportional font
Date:         Wed, 29 Jul 2009 15:28:29 -0400
From:         Kim Brennan <kimbrennan@MAC.COM>
Subject:      Re: bought a syncro
Comments: To: Alistair Bell <albell@SHAW.CA>

Drivers door problem sounds like it was parked frequently on a slope (causing the water to pool at the corner instead of going down and out the bottom weep holes)...and the weather stripping will need to be replaced so as to mitigate further water intrusion. Pop the door panel off and check the condition on the inside of the door to see if it is widespread, or highly localized. With luck you can deal with it and stop the problem (on my 86 I didn't do that, and so the metal is peeling away.)