Vanagon EuroVan
Previous messageNext messagePrevious in topicNext in topicPrevious by same authorNext by same authorPrevious page (July 2009, week 5)Back to main VANAGON pageJoin or leave VANAGON (or change settings)ReplyPost a new messageSearchProportional fontNon-proportional font
Date:         Wed, 29 Jul 2009 18:02:12 -0700
From:         phil zimmerman <philzimm1@SHAW.CA>
Subject:      Re: bought a syncro

Date: Wed, 29 Jul 2009 11:56:23 -0700 From: Alistair Bell <albell@SHAW.CA>...... enthusiastically typed:

> Alistair....Congratulations, many times over!

......I may find a passenger syncro and do the hellacious westy stuff swap...... > When does the roof cutting begin? > I'll come down, watch and take pictures.... 8:) ------snip---------

doesn't have power locks or power windows. > This is really good, two less things to need repair now and into the > future. ------snip--------------

The price was right, and i fully expect to find some surprises. Right off the probs are: > In Canadian $$$ and a local scoop.... price sounds darn right... and > the paint looks very good too. ------snip-----------

webasto - unknown > A real Webasto, Canadian only Optional hot water heater-heater? Or, > the forced air furnace?? > The former are really cool... you can preheat the inside of the van > and engine before firing-up the the engine... They are a bit complex > in the plumping department, the parts scarce but heck... so are our > Vans in general and Syncros in particular. Anywho... you have a Lathe > now so start maken those NLA parts.... ----snip----------

really fed up with getting stuck on some logging roads etc. > So am I Alistair, sure glad you bought a Syncro, you saved me a whole > pile of money. Next time I get stuck on a logging road I'll telephone > you.... Ok? -----snip------

Coincidentally, I found a great deal on a 1979 Taiwanese 10X24 metal working lathe and a bunch of accessories. I can't believe i have achieved 2 dreams in a single week :) > Good things come to those that wait... or some-suck mumbo-jumbo comes > to mind here. > Anyway, what began as a rude awakening on a winters evening has > morphed into.... aaaah I donno Alistair.... but I do know that you > will be busier than heck for the next few months or so. > Keep us updated Ok.... I wanna know when its Ok to call you when I get > stuck again.... 8-)

Phil Z '87 Westy Campbell River, BC 4 hours North of Mr Bell