Vanagon EuroVan
Previous messageNext messagePrevious in topicNext in topicPrevious by same authorNext by same authorPrevious page (August 2009, week 1)Back to main VANAGON pageJoin or leave VANAGON (or change settings)ReplyPost a new messageSearchProportional fontNon-proportional font
Date:         Sun, 2 Aug 2009 21:02:34 -0700
From:         chris and/or ruth <populuxe59@YAHOO.COM>
Subject:      $4,500 Selling our Multivan Westfalia Pop-Top Week-Ender 1/2
              camper

This is a drag, but realistically we can't justify having necessary work done to get this MV back 100%   90 Westfalia Multivan Vanagon Price: $4,500

UPDATE: reduced price! after 194,000 miles and 19 years, engine is using coolant. Drives around town fine, but sucks coolant on highway.

1990 VW Vanagon MV, Pop-top. Also known as ,Multivan, Weekender or Westfalia half-camper. New Hankook Vanagon tires, cold air and cruise--travels the highway nicely.

2nd owner for the past 8 years. 194,000 miles. Original 2.1 engine. 4 speed manual. Cold AC that has been converted to R134. We have never been let down by this Vanagon, it always made it to where we wanted to go and always made it back home. A couple of the mechanics that have worked on this VW over the years have commented that it was one of the best driving Vanagons they had driven. Whatever repairs were needed were done and this has been our daily driver as well as campmobile for vacations. This MV can be driven and enjoyed immediately as is; or if repair and restoration is your thing, it could certainly stand some exterior TLC. The Multivan has all Vanagon power options and is mechanically at the top of Vanagon evolution. The rear bed is wider than the full camper Westfalia. There is a lot of room in the cargo area--no space is given up for indoor stoves or cantankerous gas refrigerator. There is a small closet in the back to keep necessary road trip equipment. For the kitchen I have a large chuck box that holds all cooking and eating stuff. The lid covering the camp stove doubles as a sink. Just pull this out at the camp site and set it up on the picnic table.

This Vanagon has some typical Wisconsin rust and high miles on the engine. We are selling because as our kids have grown older and like to take friends (and their bikes) camping, we have bought a small RV.

http://s292.photobucket.com/albums/mm34/populuxe59/vanagon2009/

Thanks for looking, Chris C