Vanagon EuroVan
Previous messageNext messagePrevious in topicNext in topicPrevious by same authorNext by same authorPrevious page (August 2009, week 1)Back to main VANAGON pageJoin or leave VANAGON (or change settings)ReplyPost a new messageSearchProportional fontNon-proportional font
Date:         Mon, 3 Aug 2009 20:50:48 -0500
From:         Max Wellhouse <dimwittedmoose@CFU.NET>
Subject:      Re: Rotator Rachet Tool for the Vanagon Mechanic in your life
Comments: To: Andrew Martin <campahvan@EARTHLINK.NET>

The Chinese made Stanley version of that wrench is available at WalMart for $22. At least our Wal Mart, I should say. Looks cool, but I'll need more motivation to purchase...

DM&FS

At 06:13 PM 8/3/2009, Andrew Martin wrote: >Hey, that's ME! > > > >I original bought this great "twist handle" 3/8" drive ratchet under the >HUSKY brand at Home Depot a couple of years ago. Everyone that saw me using >it, tried it and wanted one. Someone else on this list mentioned it a while >back but if I recall, locating the actual tool was difficult as HD no longer >stocks it. Today while buying some fine threaded rod at Tacoma Screw in >Bremerton WA, I found the exact same tool marketed under the Blackhawk brand >(Blackhawk is a Stanley/Proto label). > > > >We can't post photos here so Google "Blackhawk 34950R" to see what I'm >writing about. Prices range from $20.79 plus shipping on e-bay (auction >number 310156599991) to $31.99 plus shipping on Amazon, to $44.07 plus >shipping on drillspot.com I'm not endorsing any of these suppliers so >please do your own research and buy from someone you trust. > > > >I like this ratchet so much it's become my "daily driver" and I find myself >using the twist handle function even when I have plenty of room to swing a >standard ratchet. Personally, I wouldn't use it for heavy work like wheel >lugs, brake caliper bolts, and such but for light to medium work it's been >fantastic! The water pump bolts on a 1.9L waterboxer come to mind.and that >two piece (product of Satan) pulley with shims on the 1.6L Diesel. > > > >This would be a great "thank you" gift for your honest, hardworking and >often grossly underrated Vanagon mechanic, even IF he/she lives under the >same roof. > > > > > >Andrew > >Bainbridge Island WA