Vanagon EuroVan
Previous messageNext messagePrevious in topicNext in topicPrevious by same authorNext by same authorPrevious page (August 2009, week 1)Back to main VANAGON pageJoin or leave VANAGON (or change settings)ReplyPost a new messageSearchProportional fontNon-proportional font
Date:         Wed, 5 Aug 2009 22:49:48 -0700
From:         craig cowan <phishman068@GMAIL.COM>
Subject:      Cross Country Trip Part 2. - Begging again.

Well Guys, the time has come.I've added 6,000 miles to my Bostig conversion so far this summer! In the time i've spent in Reno Nevada, I've helped out with 4 vanagons and a bay window bus and befriended the local shop. It's been a great stay, but alas the time has come to return to Pennsylvania. I enjoyed the trip out along I-80 and sadly due to time constraints will be limited to that route once again.

I have met some great list members along the way and several of them have given me a place to park. If you live in Nebraska or Iowa, within say 30 or so miles of I-80, and have a place where a weary traveler could park for the night (and requires nothing more), please contact me! I really dread spending evenings in Walmart Parking lots. I will be traveling all week next week, and plan to monitor list activity whilst underway. I am a willing to help with any vanagon projects that anyone who offers refuge may need, as well as test drives in the BOSTIG powered bus.

Thanks again too the list for all your support over the years. I've learned oh so much and have way too much experience for my age (few people are able to say they built their car from nothing and traveled across the country in it, twice, before turning 21). There have been many great adventures and I have many of you too thank for it.

Sincerely Yours, Craig Cowan '85GL Turned WESTFALIA 2000 Ford Focus Engine (BOSTIG CONVERSION) Maybe it will become a syncro soon?