Vanagon EuroVan
Previous messageNext messagePrevious in topicNext in topicPrevious by same authorNext by same authorPrevious page (August 2009, week 1)Back to main VANAGON pageJoin or leave VANAGON (or change settings)ReplyPost a new messageSearchProportional fontNon-proportional font
Date:         Sat, 1 Aug 2009 12:21:12 -0600
From:         miguel pacheco <mundopacheco@GMAIL.COM>
Subject:      Re: 16x7" MB CLK Alloys W/ No Drilling from Tire Rack $88/each!!
Comments: To: Max Wellhouse <dimwittedmoose@cfu.net>

That gentleman is Chris, who can be found in any wheel thread. His nom de plume is Loogy. He's very knowledgable, helpful and ships fast. Purchase with confidence. Miguel

On Sat, Aug 1, 2009 at 10:41 AM, Max Wellhouse<dimwittedmoose@cfu.net> wrote: > In my case I have a set of the VW alloy nuts/bolts, so I'm good., but > there's a guy on the Sambe Wheel thread for Vanagons that sells all > the spacers and nuts and bolts you'd ever want, so sourcing is not an > issue.  I haven't inquired about his prices however. > > I'm still waiting on the Vanco 2's to come in, so it'll be a while > before I can say whether I need spacers or longer studs in the rear. > > DM&FS > > At 12:11 AM 8/1/2009, Troy wrote: >> >> Not trying to rain on anyone's parade when it comes to getting an >> inexpensive set of new wheels, but a few things to consider... >> >> These particular wheels have an offset of 35. The stock offset is >> 30. 5mm isn't much, but may prevent the center caps from fitting on >> the wheels, (particularly on the driver side ) and if a wide tire is >> used, such as a 225, a 5 mm spacer may be needed to allow for proper >> clearance. Even with my 215 tires, I decided to use spacers. The >> clearance upfront is small. >> >> Second, while these may be a 14 mm bore, the wheels are more than >> likely thicker than stock, so they would require a longer bolt with >> a different ball seat. Not sure if the wheels are sold with bolts or >> not, but if you have to purchase these it can add quite a bit to the >> cost. Using the wheels with incorrect ball seat can be disastrous! >> The rear studs may also be a problem if in fact the wheels are >> thicker. For anyone considering these wheels, I would find out the >> answers to these questions before laying out cash. >> >> Troy >> >> I was looking into that too. There are two different wheels at 88$ >> Seems like a good deal to me if they bolt right on. >> >> >> http://www.tirerack.com/wheels/results.jsp?sort=Price&autoMake=Mercedes-Benz&autoModel=CLK320&autoYear=1998&autoModClar=&filterSize=All&filterFinish=All&filterBrand=All&filterSpecial=false&filterNew=All >