Vanagon EuroVan
Previous messageNext messagePrevious in topicNext in topicPrevious by same authorNext by same authorPrevious page (August 2009, week 1)Back to main VANAGON pageJoin or leave VANAGON (or change settings)ReplyPost a new messageSearchProportional fontNon-proportional font
Date:         Sat, 1 Aug 2009 12:27:36 -0600
From:         miguel pacheco <mundopacheco@GMAIL.COM>
Subject:      Re: FS: 1991 Subaru Syncro Camper Conversion
Comments: To: David Vickery <david_vickery@yahoo.com>

FYI I know David from the Rocky Mountain Syncro Fest. We've done a little offroading together, here in Colorado. He's a guy you can trust, that's certainly true. Also, I'm pretty damned sure it's under priced. Nice clean, capable Syncro. No disappointment here. I really feel this is one good reason for this list, so I'm stepping up....... Miguel

On Sat, Aug 1, 2009 at 9:08 AM, David Vickery<david_vickery@yahoo.com> wrote: > Well, Kim that is just silly.  I couldn't have been more clear about it it being a DIY conversion.  I used a Westfalia Poptop and a Westfalia kitchen unit, and lower and upper bunks.  Now if I had said Original Westfalia Camper, or if I didn't say anything at all, that would be different.  And for those on a mailing list that can't read, the link to the photos shows the before and after photos. > > Of course, I don't really care, and I know you probably weren't making a big fuss, but the point is that I am one of the honest guys out there and don't accept the idea that I misrepresented anything.  It is important to get westfalia in the ad somewhere because not everyone searches just Vanagon and the person who would buy this will be looking for a westfalia camper. > > And since I am posting anyway, this van is great if anyone is looking for one like this and is the price clearly reflects that it isn't an original syncro westy.  I had a few emails telling my I am way underpricing it. > > Dave in Denver > > --- On Fri, 7/31/09, Kim Brennan <kimbrennan@MAC.COM> wrote: > >> From: Kim Brennan <kimbrennan@MAC.COM> >> Subject: Re: FS: 1991 Subaru Syncro Camper Conversion >> To: vanagon@GERRY.VANAGON.COM >> Date: Friday, July 31, 2009, 8:29 AM >> Not picking on Dave (well maybe I >> am), but this van never saw the >> inside of the Westfalia factory. I guess it's a pet peeve >> of mine that >> folk often use the term Westfalia  interchangably with >> camper. Dave's >> van looks to be a well done camper conversion, and appears >> (as he >> stated) to have used some parts from a real Westfalia >> conversion. >> >> But it's not a Westfalia. (Might be better in some >> respects). >> >> On Jul 31, 2009, at 12:34 AM, David Vickery wrote: >> >> > Time to let go of my obsession of the last 4 >> years.  1991 Syncro >> > Vanagon converted to Westfalia camper with a 165hp >> subaru 2.5 >> > engine.  Located in Colorado.  Rust free and >> tons of upgrades and >> > maintenance done.  Approx. 150K miles on the van >> and 125K on the >> > engine with 20K on the conversion.  Price is >> $17,500 which seems >> > like a lot but you could spend that much on a stock >> 2wd camper and >> > this van is 4 wheel drive and is far from stock. >> This was also the >> > 2nd to last syncro ever sold in the US, sold as a >> leftover in 1992 >> > only a few miles down the road from here. >> > >> > See this link for tons of pictures. >> > http://91syncro.googlepages.com/home >> > >> > I also posted an ad on thesamba.com with contact info >> and more >> > description. >> > Thanks >> > Dave >> >