Vanagon EuroVan
Previous messageNext messagePrevious in topicNext in topicPrevious by same authorNext by same authorPrevious page (August 2009, week 2)Back to main VANAGON pageJoin or leave VANAGON (or change settings)ReplyPost a new messageSearchProportional fontNon-proportional font
Date:         Sun, 9 Aug 2009 17:23:28 -0700
From:         Scott Daniel - Turbovans <scottdaniel@TURBOVANS.COM>
Subject:      Re: 1.9 wasserboxer pic?
Comments: To: Geo & Kathleen Hahn <ahwahnee@CYBERTRAILS.COM>

that picture is more useful. the main points are ....... the fuel lines from the forward injectors go on top of the intake runners, to the fuel pressure regulator. I like to wire tie them away from the spark plug boots.

the T fitting with pressure testing port on it ....make sure that's accessible......and it goes down on the block to the right of the distributor.

the lines going from it out the rear injectors ..........those go 'under' . on the right......it goes on the block, behind the alternator, and if PS......tucked in behind the PS pump bracket.

on the left side.....the hose from the rear injector goes 'under' also ..........like under and behind the distributor.

the line going forward from the pressure regulator is the return of course.

and the feed, from the firewall fitting, ( if not removed yet ) ......or from the tank, goes to the T ( triple T actually ) with the pressure testing port on it , and that line goes under the right side intake runners......laying on the block more or less. The line will go under the intake boot on it's way to the press regulator.

BUT ..............I mean AND ...... here's an esoteric question for the experts . those plastic thinges the injectors get their fuel from ( and man, what great, great plastic that is, I have never seen one fail in any way, except to burn up ) .......on the forward end of those black tube like things, there is a round silver metal 'cap'.

I accidentally installed some so that silver cap is at the rear, not forward, like toward the front of the van. the question is ....... Does that matter ? what are those silver things .........some damper device ? does it matter which way they point ? Van runs fine. I will be impressed if someone knows about these. Mark Drillock ? if anyone would know, he would.

thanks, Scott

----- Original Message ----- From: "Geo & Kathleen Hahn" <ahwahnee@CYBERTRAILS.COM> To: <vanagon@GERRY.VANAGON.COM> Sent: Sunday, August 09, 2009 4:11 PM Subject: Re: 1.9 wasserboxer pic?