Vanagon EuroVan
Previous messageNext messagePrevious in topicNext in topicPrevious by same authorNext by same authorPrevious page (August 2009, week 2)Back to main VANAGON pageJoin or leave VANAGON (or change settings)ReplyPost a new messageSearchProportional fontNon-proportional font
Date:         Tue, 11 Aug 2009 08:21:18 -0700
From:         Roland <syncronicity1@GMAIL.COM>
Subject:      Re: Smog test failed - here is my plan

So....

Not yet done with the smog test, however we made some progress yesterday. Mark Drillock invited me to stop by his place yesterday, and we ran some tests. Again the engine runs well, but I have some lingering doubts if bringing it to one more shop will do so much good; the most recent one suggested $2,266.72 of repairs and then see if it will pass. I am going go through the archives again to look for hints, try a few things on my own this time around and bring it back for retest.

Mainly I'd like to thank Mark for helping with the diagnosis activities. He knows so much and how to get right to the debug of the engine systems. It is a great Vanagon community!

Roland