Vanagon EuroVan
Previous messageNext messagePrevious in topicNext in topicPrevious by same authorNext by same authorPrevious page (August 2009, week 2)Back to main VANAGON pageJoin or leave VANAGON (or change settings)ReplyPost a new messageSearchProportional fontNon-proportional font
Date:         Tue, 11 Aug 2009 14:09:55 -0700
From:         Scott Daniel - Turbovans <scottdaniel@TURBOVANS.COM>
Subject:      Re: 2.1l vs 1.9l AFM was Re: Looking for a good used Air flow
              meter              1.9
Comments: To: David Beierl <dbeierl@ATTGLOBAL.NET>

re "If you're going with the AFM, a 2.1l filter box and rubber gooseneck would make sense to me."

the 2.1 air r box will not fit onto a vanagon 1.9 waterboxer engine, if that's what you are thinking of trying, as the two main coolant hoses for the 1.9 interfere with the larger round 2.1 air box. Like 3 inches worth of inteference there. would have to completely re-route the 1.9 main coolant hoses, which appears to not be that practical or easy.

----- Original Message ----- From: "David Beierl" <dbeierl@ATTGLOBAL.NET> To: <vanagon@GERRY.VANAGON.COM> Sent: Tuesday, August 11, 2009 11:48 AM Subject: 2.1l vs 1.9l AFM was Re: Looking for a good used Air flow meter 1.9