Vanagon EuroVan
Previous messageNext messagePrevious in topicNext in topicPrevious by same authorNext by same authorPrevious page (August 2009, week 2)Back to main VANAGON pageJoin or leave VANAGON (or change settings)ReplyPost a new messageSearchProportional fontNon-proportional font
Date:         Sat, 8 Aug 2009 15:56:27 -0400
From:         Doug Alcock <doug.alcock@GMAIL.COM>
Subject:      Re: Dometic 182 B Fridge- Ad Nauseum
Comments: To: Melissa Mourkas <westywoman@mac.com>

Everyone has their oown fridge mojo. I'll spare you my complete one ---except for 2 comments. Lighting the stove is (as far as I'm concerned) only to get propane flowing --- if you've had the tank off or something. Turn the strove off before lighting fridge. My other tip is that the fridge lights better when it is on the highest propane setting. I vary the setting for lighting with temperature ---- only if it is really hot will I light it with the setting on high. (This may apply after you've pre-heated things by running on AC). Otherwise --- turn it down to about 3/4 or 2/3 for --- say 70 degrees. If it is colder --- I turn it down more than that. Once the fridge is lit I turn it up full blast. Your mileage may vary widely :-)

Good Luck, Doug

-- http://www.dougalcock.com