Vanagon EuroVan
Previous messageNext messagePrevious in topicNext in topicPrevious by same authorNext by same authorPrevious page (August 2009, week 2)Back to main VANAGON pageJoin or leave VANAGON (or change settings)ReplyPost a new messageSearchProportional fontNon-proportional font
Date:         Sat, 8 Aug 2009 18:20:38 -0700
From:         Scott Daniel - Turbovans <scottdaniel@TURBOVANS.COM>
Subject:      Re: Where'd dey all come from today? Bazillion vanagons around Mt
              Hood..
Comments: To: Don Hanson <dhanson928@GMAIL.COM>

hey Don, I just made that comment about 'brazillian' vanagons to see if anyone was paying attention. The word I'm used to is 'gazillions' but bazillions is a normal slang term too.

well, my airstream trailer isn't perfect, so I guess I'm not a # 1.

generalizations are always dangerous of course. got a catagory for 'none of the above" ?

we could stay that vanagons are either in a state of deteriorating further...... or of being cared for, serviced, and upgraded into 'more'. Somewhere on that scale - heading for 'forget it' .........or heading for 'loving care and reburbishment and improvements.' I'm on the 'care' end of the scale. I hate to see anything decent run into the ground. Vanagons are super worthy of taking care of and enjoying , while we still can.

my bumper sticker says , on some of my cars :

"Proud to drive a car too old for the governement to be interested in destroying it."

I would exepct a lot of vanagons are Hood River and Mt. Hood. I'd be weireded out if I didn't see any around there this time of year. they're 'a natural' for that area and how they are used there. Cultural Icon even. scott

----- Original Message ----- From: "Don Hanson" <dhanson928@GMAIL.COM> To: <vanagon@GERRY.VANAGON.COM> Sent: Saturday, August 08, 2009 5:37 PM Subject: Re: Where'd dey all come from today? Bazillion vanagons around Mt Hood..