Vanagon EuroVan
Previous messageNext messagePrevious in topicNext in topicPrevious by same authorNext by same authorPrevious page (August 2009, week 3)Back to main VANAGON pageJoin or leave VANAGON (or change settings)ReplyPost a new messageSearchProportional fontNon-proportional font
Date:         Mon, 17 Aug 2009 14:13:48 -0700
From:         Rocket J Squirrel <camping.elliott@GMAIL.COM>
Subject:      Re: Not quite a backfire . . .
Comments: To: Scott Daniel - Turbovans <scottdaniel@turbovans.com>

Gee -- that /does/ sound like fun!

I am under the possibly mistaken impression that there is such a thing called a backfire that is so explosive that it can damage exhaust components -- like blow off a muffler or something. And that these mild coughs I heard when one cylinder's worth of fuel popped mildly a few times in the exhaust manifold is called something else?

Thus the title of this thread . . .

-- Mike "Rocket J Squirrel" Elliott 84 Westfalia: Mellow Yellow ("The Electrical Banana") 74 Utility Trailer. Ladybug Trailer, Inc., San Juan Capistrano Bend, OR KG6RCR