Vanagon EuroVan
Previous messageNext messagePrevious in topicNext in topicPrevious by same authorNext by same authorPrevious page (August 2009, week 3)Back to main VANAGON pageJoin or leave VANAGON (or change settings)ReplyPost a new messageSearchProportional fontNon-proportional font
Date:         Tue, 18 Aug 2009 22:02:08 -0400
From:         Edward Maglott <emaglott@BUNCOMBE.MAIN.NC.US>
Subject:      Re: MODERATOR: Mike Collum
Comments: cc: collummary@myfairpoint.net

I haven't met Mike yet, but look forward to it. We've had some email discussions about various vanagon related things. Their Winter home is not far from where I live in Western NC and near my common travel areas into Southern WV. Not long into the email conversation and Mike was offering his place to camp at when I was passing through. Mike also gave me some great advice about fixing the shifter housing on my automatic transmission Van. Teh little flexible sliding thing that covers the opening that the lever moves in slowly disintegrated. Mike advised he used some kind of thick rubber to make a replacement. That's just what I did. I used a piece of a truck innertube and it has been working great. I took some pictures of the process and someday will put it in the vanagon wiki.

Get well soon Mike and hope to see you when you are back down south here!

Edward Maglott

At 06:08 PM 8/16/2009, David Beierl wrote: >I'm sorry to say that Mike has been in hospital since last Wednesday, >with no forecast yet on his release. He is quite ill with pneumonia >and other complications. Your thoughts, wishes, prayers etc would >surely be appreciated. You can reach Mary at <collummary@myfairpoint.net>. > >David > > -- >David Beierl - Providence RI USA -- http://pws.prserv.net/synergy/Vanagon/ >'89 Po' White Star "Scamp"