Vanagon EuroVan
Previous messageNext messagePrevious in topicNext in topicPrevious by same authorNext by same authorPrevious page (August 2009, week 3)Back to main VANAGON pageJoin or leave VANAGON (or change settings)ReplyPost a new messageSearchProportional fontNon-proportional font
Date:         Wed, 19 Aug 2009 14:25:09 -0500
From:         Bill Bowman <bill@BNNTA.COM>
Subject:      Re: the 24th B.N.N.T.A. Vw camping weekend...
Comments: To: VW Doka <vw.doka@GMAIL.COM>

I hope you can join all of us, I don't believe we've ever had a Tristar at the event, so you'd be a big hit! I'seen several Tristar D.C.s in person, and quite a bit of seat time in one of them that a buddy still owns up in Seattle.

Hope you can cruise in from Indy, ought to be about a five hour jaunt for you. One of our great friends will be coming from Indy in a '73 Adventurewagen camper.

Bill Bowman www.bnnta.com

----- Original Message ----- From: "VW Doka" <vw.doka@GMAIL.COM> To: <vanagon@GERRY.VANAGON.COM> Sent: Wednesday, August 19, 2009 11:41 AM Subject: Re: the 24th B.N.N.T.A. Vw camping weekend...

Hmmm... tempting since I'm still stuck in Indianapolis. It's only 280 miles away. Could load up the Tristar and take a little road trip.

Any other listees going?

Cheers,

Jeff

On Wed, Aug 19, 2009 at 11:49 AM, Bill Bowman<bill@bnnta.com> wrote: > Hi everyone, > > Come one, come all! > > to the upcoming B.N.N.T.A. - "Buses Nowhere Near The Arch #24" > > When: Friday Sept 4th thru Monday Sept 7th, the entire Labor Day holiday > weekend. > > Where: in the group campground in the Indian Creek Recreational Area > located > right on Mark Twain Lake in NE Missouri. We have again leased the ENTIRE > campground so we can host an all VW camping weekend. Only Volkswagen > vehicles > will be admitted...any year and model of VW...but it must be a VW. > > Our group campground is a beautiful, heavily wooded location for our > event, > built lakeside by the Corps of Engineers, features quite a few sites with > access to electric, two nice buildings with restrooms (one with nice > hot/cold > showers), a playground, a covered pavillion, a nearby boat ramp into the > 22 > mile long Mark Twain Lake, a nearby marina, etc. Bring your bicycle and > water > toys! Individuals and VW clubs from all over the Midwest will be enjoying > each others company for the long holiday weekend. > > There is NO pre-registration available, just check in with us upon arrival > and > we'll quickly fix you up for the weekend. > > On Saturday we'll run a caravan over a scenic route to historic Hannibal, > MO > to enjoy the sights of the childhood home town of Samuel Clemens (aka, > "Mark > Twain"). Enjoy the towns' historic landmarks and sights and then return to > the > BNNTA event at your leisure. Later in the afternoon our event participants > will stroll around the campground to visit and vote for their personal > favorites for awards given out during our awards ceremony later that > evening. > On Sunday we'll relax and enjoy the lake, and most will be heading > homeward on > Monday. > > Be sure to use your creativity to decorate your VW campsite, both for the > fun > of it and to compete in our campsite decoration contest (both individual > and > group decorating). > > Please feel free to bring along any VW related items that you'd like to > donate > to the growing door prize give-away during the award ceremony on Saturday > evening. > > We've kept the event and camping fee as low as we can, lower than pretty > much > any other similar camping weekend. The total fee per VW is only $30 for > the > "entire weekend" regardless of how long you stay with all of us. > > Visit our simple event website for basic info at http://www.bnnta.com > where > there is a Mapquest link with directions (Yeah, one of these days we'll > spice > the site up a bit more!). > > So there you have it! If you've been thinking about joining us, take > advantage > of the long holiday weekend and start packing up the Bus to join us for > all > the festivities. It's never too late, and there's always room for more > around > our VW campfire! We'll look forward to seeing you! > > Bill & Kathryn Bowman >