Vanagon EuroVan
Previous messageNext messagePrevious in topicNext in topicPrevious by same authorNext by same authorPrevious page (August 2009, week 3)Back to main VANAGON pageJoin or leave VANAGON (or change settings)ReplyPost a new messageSearchProportional fontNon-proportional font
Date:         Thu, 20 Aug 2009 12:20:43 -0600
From:         "John C..." <jcarp2001@GMAIL.COM>
Subject:      Re: CL: 1987 Poptop in Modesto for $3700

*http://tinyurl.com/lfe2fg* ** Hi Marc,

These pictures show how I fixed the rust in the seals. As you can see the rust is in the entire seam flange. When you see a rusty seam it most likely go's all the way through, to the inside! So, the only way to get rid of it is how I did it. That said,,, I'd never do it that way again.

Glass blast the seam, rust bullet, seam seal, sand & paint! that should give you another 5 or 6 years! :o)

Ben is right. All of the water travels down to the bottom. To address this situation, I used a lot of seam sealer then POR 50, in that trough that travels the side panel And slanted it so the moister will travel away from the panel and out the two little spaces on the ends of the panel frame on the inside.

A 5K paint job & that bus would be styling? :o)

best, John C... SLC, UT...