Vanagon EuroVan
Previous messageNext messagePrevious in topicNext in topicPrevious by same authorNext by same authorPrevious page (August 2009, week 3)Back to main VANAGON pageJoin or leave VANAGON (or change settings)ReplyPost a new messageSearchProportional fontNon-proportional font
Date:         Sat, 15 Aug 2009 13:25:16 -0400
From:         B Feddish <bfeddish@NETREACH.NET>
Subject:      Question for Folk Fest attendee - no hot start

Once again I'm at the Philly Folk Fest and as usual at least 1 Vanagon hobbles in. Actually 2 this time. The first one is an '84 with the original 1.9 in it that would not start when it was hot. Since he was overheating allot during the parking issues he had to shut off to cool but wait to restart. Upon close inspection I found the wire to the temp sender closer to the drivers side disconnected. Would that have caused the problem?

There's also an '80 here that was cutting in and out on the way here. The kind where it cuts out abrublty and goes back to normal quickly. Is the AC van the same list for diagnosing that problem as the WC? If so I'll just direct him to list I have for those symptoms.

On a lighter note, I have a new 30 watt panel that I added to my other 30 watts. Since the Folk Fest is on top of a mountain in the scorching sun I have sunlight from dusk till dawn. I can almost see the voltage going up on the meter. Amazing. The Vitrifrigo is running great.

Bryan